Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Short Break...

Hey there! :) I'm going to be taking a very brief hiatus from my torch for the next 2-3 weeks due to a minor surgical procedure I'll be having on Monday August 4th. I'll be back in action as soon as I can tho...so come back and visit me! ;)


Happy Connections...

Sometimes I have to marvel at the way life works! I was so very lucky to have joined an online group for Indiana based Etsy artists called the INcrowd...because it was this group that connected me to a wonderful artist friend named Linda from Seymour. Linda is a fiber and mosaic artist...she works with wonderful fabrics and makes the most incredible rust-dyed pieces that are just works of art in and of themselves. If you're a person who loves to work with fabrics, please check out her rust-dyed pieces for sale on Etsy at http://www.rustyturtle.etsy.com/ I've seen them firsthand and they are absolutely gorgeous! Check out her fabulous mosaics too...she can get so much incredible detail in such a small space: http://www.texturedturtle.etsy.com/


She and I are currently working on a collaborative fiber art/beaded project and I am having so much fun and just thoroughly enjoying her creative spark and warm personality. I'll post pictures of our project as it takes shape...but for now, I want to share with you the wonderful gifts she just surprised me with the other day. She made me a journal to use while I'm down for the count and recuperating for my surgery...and she also made me a wonderful fiber art flower for one of my many hats...lol (I have an obsession with hats). Aren't they just beautiful???

2 comments:

nĂ­ Lochlainn said...

Yea, INCrowd support!! I hope you heal quickly, and Linda rocks!!

Lisa Peters Russ said...

HI Dana,
Hope you are better and ready for the house sale!
Good Luck to you both!
I will be with u in spirit!
Lisa